Thursday, September 25, 2008

Wanton Music Playing


As part of my job I sometimes have to travel to schools. Yesterday I had one meeting at a school by my house and then in the afternoon I had to go way across town to the monster that is Albuquerque’s West Side. I try to take the bus as much as possible but when I have to travel to schools I have to drive. It gives me an opportunity to use the shuffle selection on the I-pod, which Yann hates. The idea that songs are randomly played is possibly the worst thing to him. So much in fact that there are probably a number of unfinished mix tapes, cd’s or play lists out there that he did not finish because the songs were not working well together. I have just over 6000 songs on the thing and enjoy being randomly surprised. I revel in the absurdity of some of the songs I have on I-pod, the guilty pleasures. Here is what it played yesterday:
Deceiver-Judas Priest
HolidayThe Get Up Kids
Hollywood Baby-Lost Acapulco
Nicaragua-The Jazz June
Mision Malvarosa- Lost Acapulco
Raining in My Heart-Buddy Holly and the Crickets
The Oath-Mercyful Fate
Double Agent 73 (Who came in from the cold) - The Ghastly Ones
Snaggle Tooth Ann- Gene Norman
El 13 Negro-Terrestre
Dammit-Blink 182
Landlocked- Man or Astro-man?
Their Hearts Were Full Of Spring- The Beach Boys
Mechanix- Megadeath
The Right Profile- The Clash
In Heaven- Fatboy Slim
You Know The Formula Right? - Dabrye
Seagulls- The Damned
I Wish- Refused
Look At That Old Grizzly Bear- Mark Mothersbaugh
Fly Trapped in a Jar- Modest Mouse
God Save the Queen-Queen
Friday I’m in Love- The Cure
Martyr to the People- The (Young) Pioneers
This is not a Step- Torches to Rome
1 of the 2- The Damned
Midlantic Schemes- Geoff Farina
Warlock- Desmond Dekker
My Desire- The Damned

What can I say, it was a long drive. My I-pod case came from www.QuietDoing.etsy.com

No comments: