Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Headless Fashion Woman



I always have a hard time picking out clothes to wear to work. I hate having to comply with a dress code. The last time I had to do this was in 2003-2004. My first real job out of college. I hated Michigan so much that I succumbed and the business casual took over every aspect of my life! Finally after escaping I willingly threw out ALL my office girl clothes. I use to describe my life as going from anarchy to office girl to depressed to where I am now, which is a melange of all of the previously mentioned. It is harder since I was a grad student who worked at a paper mill for two years before rejoining the real workforce. I am trying to get to a point where I can comply with the dress code in a creative way. I do push it sometimes but only when I do not have meetings since I am still trying to get away from people asking me what high school I go to, or if I am a student of the school I have to visit. Money of course is an issue so it will take me some time to achieve a neo-office girl closet.
What I'm wearing:
Skirt: American Apparel
Shirt:Target
Shoes:Urban Outfitters

Chaqueta: Thrifted

I am letting my inner Chola out with my name plate necklace...






No comments: